March 6, 2016 - What's that? The TSA-Bash website is back online? Dogs and cats are living together? A new Ghostbusters movie is coming out with an all female cast? MASS HYSTERIA! Er... uh... Ahem. Ladies and gentlemen (your mileage may vary), we have a Bash! Now in its 19th year, the TSA-Bash 2016 is a go!
We return once again to the Columbus, Ohio area, courtesy of our benevolent(?) Bash Overvixen (all hail!), to the suburb of Dublin. Here, we'll be painting the town red! Err, well, the roof will be red. As in the Red Roof Inn PLUS+ Dublin. (I really need to work on my comedy...) Aaaanyway! The Bash will be held from Friday, June 24th to Monday June 27th (the conference room will be available throughout). The registration fee for this year's Bash is...checks the figures...is this right? Really? Okaaaay... FREE! That's right! As long as we get some people coming, the hotel is throwing in the conference room completely complimentary! Yay!
As this website is just coming back online, if you see anything that did not survive the transition, please let me know! Thanks!
Red Roof Inn PLUS+ Dublin Ohio
5125 Post Road
Columbus, OH 43017
TEL: (614) 764-3993
FAX: (614) 764-0698
Official Bash Days: Friday, June 24th - Monday, June 27, 2016
Conference Room Open: Friday, June 24th - Monday, June 27, 2016
- Free Wi-Fi
- Free parking
- Free coffee and tea in lobby 24/7
- Free Wi-Fi
- Microwave and refrigerator in every room
- Expanded Cable TV
- Pets stay free (one per room)
- In-room food delivery!
- Room Rate: $69.99/night
- Call (614) 764-3993 before June 1st to get the discounted rate. Make sure you tell the reservation agent that you are with the "Thomas Story Archive" group to get the discounted rate.
- Registration Fee: $FREE!
To add your own placemarker, click the "Add" button and follow the directions. You will be given an URL so you can update your information.
The city of Dublin began, as most cities do, with a modest beginning, being described as having one store and several mills.
The town remained modest all the way up to 1970 when it only had 681 residents, but the construction of I-270 created a population boom. It became the site of the corporate headquarters of Wendy's International (yum!). It officially became a city in 1987 and remains an affluent city to this day.
Airport, Restaurant Guide, and Directions Coming Soon...
Weblinks or Things to Do
- National Museum of the USAF - In Dayton, the Wright-Patterson Air Force Base is home to one of the world's largest collections of aircraft and missiles. From Convair B-36s to the B-29 Superfortress that dropped the atomic bomb on Nagasaki in the last days of World War II, to the uniforms and other artifacts from wars the United States fought in. There is also an IMAX theater that shows aviation and space oriented films, along with other documentaries.
- Motts Military Museum - Beyond the Air Force, the Motts Military Museum features exhibits from many other military actions, from the colonial era to current conflicts.
- Columbus Zoo and Aquarium - Made famous by Jack Hannah, the Columbus Zoo and Aquarium is home to more than 7,000 animals representing over 800 species and is also the home to Zoombezi Bay, a water park featuring a wave pool, water slides, and an adults-only sun deck and bar (21+ only).
- Thurber House - The Thurber House is a literary center and historic museum built into humorist James Thurber's home. Thurber is best known for his cartoons and short stories in The New Yorker as well as the tles of The Male Animal and The Secret Life of Walter Mitty.
- Dave & Buster's - Food! Video Games! Sports! What more do you need to know?
- The Early Television Museum - A museum dedicated to preserving and making available to the public, the history of the television, the boob tube, the moving picture box, and other fancy names for how people entertained themselves before the Internet.
- Much more...! - There is much more to see and do in the Columbus area! Check out the website of the Greater Columbus Convention & Visitor's Bureau for more!